Wednesday 1 February 2012

A Cold Snap


Yesterday, the snow arrived, just about 10cms but it covered everything.   The road was soon clear and the day went on as planned. We met new friends who made the hour's drive from the top of the parc to come and see us for the afternoon.  They said the roads were OK but pretty icy through the forests near us.

Today, the first of February and the snow is still here but it has got much, much colder.  The post lady told me it was -6! No wonder the dog didn't want to go out first thing.  Mr B has spent all day trying to keep the fires well stocked.  I spent the day working from the kitchen table - the warmest room in the house.

We went for a very brisk walk after lunch.  The sun was shining but the wind chill took our breath away.

Back indoors, and back to work at the kitchen table.  I was getting colder and colder and thought I could hear the wind roaring upstairs.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  Our bedroom window had been blown wide open from behind the shutters.  The wind was so strong that Mr B had to nail the windows shut.  The bedroom is still cold.

I think I might sleep down in the kitchen tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment